The PMA 153 Long Course is a meticulously structured program tailored for individuals aspiring to attain the esteemed position of regular commission officers in the combat and combat support arms and services within the Pakistan Army.
This is a lengthy program, spanning two years and organized into four terms, each lasting six months. Following the completion of this demanding training, cadets emerge as 2nd lieutenants.
Candidates aspiring to join the PMA 153 Long Course must adhere to the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of Pakistan and hold domicile in Azad Kashmir / Gilgit-Baltistan. Upon selection, individuals with dual nationality must actively renounce their other nationality.
- Gender: The application is open exclusively to male candidates.
- Marital Status: Candidates must be single, but married members of the armed forces who are at least 20 years old are eligible.
- Age: Applicants should fall within the age bracket of 17 to 24 years. Additionally, there is a three-month relaxation in both upper and lower age limits.
- Height: A minimum height of 5 feet 4 inches (162.5 cm) is mandatory.
- Education: Education: Candidates must have earned an Intermediate (FA/FSC) grade of at least 55%, or its equivalent. Graduates from 4-year programs require a minimum of 60% marks, while graduates from 2-year programs and serving PN / PAF personnel should have at least 50% marks in FA/FSC or its equivalent.
- Physical and Medical Fitness: Physical and Medical Fitness: Additionally, applicants must adhere strictly to the Pakistan Army’s recommended levels of physical and medical fitness.
The selection process for the PMA 153 Long Course encompasses the following stages:
- Online Registration: Candidates can register online through the official Join Pakistan Army website or opt for offline registration at the nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Center (AS&RC).
- Preliminary Tests: AS&RC will conduct preliminary tests, including intelligence, academic, and personality assessments.
- Physical Exams: Those who make it past the preliminary round will have to do a 1.6-kilometer run, push-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups, and a ditch crossing.
- Medical Tests: Those passing the physical tests proceed to Combined Military Hospitals (CMH) for comprehensive medical assessments.
- Initial Interview: The AS&RC board conducts interviews with medically fit candidates to assess their motivation, personality qualities, communication abilities, and general knowledge.
- ISSB Tests: Candidates clearing the initial interview proceed to Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) tests conducted at designated centers.
- Final Selection: It is suggested that final selection of applicants who clear the ISSB tests be made on the basis of their overall performance, academic status, and health.
Training and Education
The training and education for PMA 153 Long Course occur at Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul, encompassing four terms: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta. The curriculum comprises physical training, drill, weapon handling, tactics, leadership, communication, map reading, military history, and military law. Additionally, students undergo rigorous exercises in each term, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of diverse subjects.
Cadets also earn a Bachelor of Military Arts and Sciences (BMAS) degree, covering subjects like English, Urdu, Islamic Studies, Pakistan Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, and Military Geography.
Career and Benefits
Upon completion of the PMA 153 Long Course, cadets:
- Rank: Graduate as 2nd lieutenants in the Pakistan Army.
- Salary: Receive a monthly salary of approximately Rs. 50,000, inclusive of basic pay, allowances, and incentives.
- Arms and Services: Various arms and services, such as Infantry, Armored Corps, Artillery, Engineers, Signals, Air Defence, Aviation, Ordnance, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Corps of Military Police, and Army Education Corps, assign individuals according to their preferences, merits, and suitability.
- Promotion: Progress through the ranks based on performance, seniority, and availability of vacancies.
- Benefits: Enjoy benefits such as free medical treatment for self and family, subsidized education for children, accommodation and transport facilities, membership of Army clubs and messes, and retirement and pension benefits.
In the quest for becoming stalwart leaders in the Pakistan Army, the PMA 153 Long Course emerges as a transformative journey, molding aspiring individuals into 2nd lieutenants equipped with not just academic prowess but also a profound understanding of military arts and sciences.
The exhaustive two-year program is meticulously divided into four terms. This structured approach not only offers a comprehensive blend of physical training, strategic studies, and leadership development at the esteemed Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul but also ensures a holistic approach to military education.
The stringent eligibility criteria ensure that only the most dedicated and qualified candidates step into the challenging realm of the PMA 153 Long Course.
The criteria, specifically crafted for filtering and selecting individuals for commissioned officer roles, encompass citizenship, physical fitness, and educational standards. These standards aim to identify individuals with the resilience, commitment, and intellectual acumen required for excellence in their roles.
The minimum qualification for PMA long course is Intermediate (FA/FSC) or equivalent with at least 55% marks
The salary of a PMA cadet is approximately Rs. 20,000 per month. The salary includes basic pay, allowances, and incentives.
The candidates who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above and register online or offline from 09 October to 03 December 2023 are eligible for PMA Long Course
The Pakistan Army does not disclose the passing marks for PMA long courses. Candidates must excel in tests, interviews, and training sessions to successfully complete the course.
The Pakistan Army grants the rank of 2nd Lieutenant through the PMA long course, marking the lowest commissioned officer rank.
The Pakistan Military Academy awards the Bachelor of Military Arts and Sciences (BMAS) degree to individuals upon completing the PMA long course, qualifying them for the position of Second Lieutenant.
The last date for PMA registration in 2023 is 03 December 2023
To apply for Second Lieutenant in the Pak Army in 2023, candidates have to apply for PMA 153 long course online or offline from 09 October to 03 December 2023 and undergo the selection process as described above